This is error
This is Success

USA

UK

Germany

Canada

Australia

Ireland

New Zealand

Study in Germany

Germany, a non-English EU member, is a leading country for higher education. Germany reached its target of 350,000 international students in 2017, three years earlier than the expected 2020. International students make 13% of the total students in Germany.

It is becoming increasingly popular among Indian students as well. As per the report of DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst/German Academic Exchange Service), around 17,570 (Winter Semester 2017-18) Indian students were studying different courses in Germany. Indian students are the 2nd largest group of international students.

Popular fields for Indian students are

  • Engineering: 70%

  • Mathematics and Natural Sciences: 12%

  • Law and Social Studies: 13%

  • Other: 5%

74% of the total Indian students are male and the rest 26% are females. The growth of Indian students planning to study in Germany is 3 times the global average.

Top reasons

  • Most of the German universities are public (funded by the German government), hence, there is no tuition fee for most of the universities. However, students have to pay the administrative cost of 300 - 400 Euros per semester.

  • With more than 409 higher education institutions, the number of programs offered is more than 14,500 in Bachelor and Masters.

  • A number of scholarship options are available for international students. You can check the list of scholarships options from the official Scholarship database.

  • Non - EU students can stay for 18 months in Germany after completing their course. For more information, click here.

  • International students can work for 20 hrs/ week (part-time) & earn up to 8 to 15 euros per hr & can work for up to 120 full working days during vacations or 240 half working days. There is no special permission required for work purpose.

  • A Student Visa will help you travel throughout Europe with any hassle.

  • According to a study published, Germany will require 3 million skilled workers by 2030. Hence, job opportunities post-study will remain unsaturated in Germany.

  • German universities also offer courses in the English Language, hence, the language doesn’t seem to be a that big a barrier.

  • The cost of living is comparatively low compared to popular study abroad destinations such as the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia. Students in Germany on average spend 850 -1000 Euros per month for living costs.

  • In spite of the dark racist past, Germany is a multicultural society.  The incidents of crime are very low scale.

To know more connect us at careertalks@9careercafe.com

 



Connect to Counsellors




 Go Back


Copyright © 2020,All Rights Reserved NineCC Education India Pvt Ltd