Supply Chain Management
- Qualification: 12th Arts / 12th Arts + Maths / 12th Commerce / 12th Commerce + Maths / 12th PCM + B / 12th PCM / 12th PCB
- salary: Rs 8,49,362/year
What is Supply Chain Management??
Supply Chain Management is an emerging career that deals with the management and distribution of goods and services to consumers.
Nowadays, companies are growing at a fast pace and extending their distribution networks. Thus, they need a precise and planned system approach to ensure that the goods and services are distributed properly to the clients and consumers.
The supply chain network is managed by Supply Chain Management professionals. These professionals are highly demanded among large manufacturing companies, production and sales companies and Retail chain operators as well.
What are the Eligibility criteria and Admission process??
- For Diploma courses in Supply Chain Management, the eligibility criteria is a minimum of 33% in each of the subjects in 10th board.
The Diploma Courses are:-
- Advanced Diploma in Supply Chain Management.
- Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Shipping.
Direct admission is taken in colleges or universities for the Diploma Courses. But there are few colleges that conduct entrance exams for admission. The course duration is 1 year.
Best Colleges/Universities for Diploma in Supply Chain Management are : -
1. NIMT Institute of Management, Jaipur, Rajasthan
2. Gurukul Institute of Management and Technology, New Delhi
3. Sai Nath University, Ranchi, Jharkhand
4. St. Xavier's College, Kolkata
5. Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies, Mumbai
For undergraduate courses, the minimum eligibility is 50% aggregate in 12th from a recognized board or university.
The undergraduate courses in Supply Chain Management are -
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) in Supply Chain Management
- BBA in Supply Chain Management
The admission for the bachelor's course is merit-based. Some of the colleges conduct entrance exams also. The course duration is 3 year.
Best Colleges/Universities for B.Com in Supply Chain Management are:-
1. Indian Institute of Logistics and Material Management, Udaipur
2. University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
3. ITM University, Gwalior
4. GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
5. Vels University, Chennai
Top Colleges/Universities for BBA in Supply Chain Management are:-
1. Sikkim Manipal University, Manipal
2. Sunrise University, Alwar
3. Amity Business School, Noida
4. International School of Business and Media, Kolkata
5. Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
For postgraduate courses in Supply Chain Management, the eligibility criteria are a bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
The postgraduate courses are -
MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
MBA in Material and Logistic Management
The admission is based on entrance exams such as CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT etc. The course duration is 2 years.
Best Colleges/Universities for MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management are:-
National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi
Amity University, Noida
Bharath University, Tamil Nadu
Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
What are the job opportunities ?
After completion of this course, the professionals can get jobs in various sectors such as
Land and Air Transportation
Information and Technology industries
the Insurance industry.
You can also opt for a career in teaching and research. After clearing NET/JRF, you can opt for a career in teaching in a university/college or you can choose a PhD program.
What are the top job profiles?
Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Consultant
Customer Service Manager
Who are the Main Recruiters?
3. Biomax Fuels Ltd.
5. Larsen and Toubro Ltd.
6. Anchor Electricals
How much does a Supply Chain management manager make?
Avg. Salary in India - Rs 849,362/yr
Avg. Salary less than 1 year - Rs 349,711/yr
Avg. Early Career Salary (1-4 years) - Rs 419,503/yr
Mid Career Salary (5-9 years) - Rs 795,003/yr
Experienced Salary (10-19 years) - Rs 1,205,787/yr
What are the Books and Study material available?
For Diploma degrees, it is usually first to come and first serve basis. For graduation, you have to take the entrance test of the respective institutes.
For Postgraduate courses, you will have to take management tests such as MAT/CAT and others. Some suggest for CAT study material are
Quantitative Aptitude - R.S. Aggarwal
Logical Reasoning - R.S. Aggarwal
How to prepare for the CAT series - Arun Sharm