- Qualification: 10th / 12th Arts / 12th Arts + Maths / 12th Commerce / 12th Commerce + Maths / 12th PCM + B / 12th PCM / 12th PCB
- salary: Rs 4,65,015/year
What is a foreign language?
The foreign language is the indigenous language of another country.
Some children learn one or more languages from birth or a very early age: it is called bilingual or multilingual. Then these children can have two, three, or more of the mother tongues: none of them is a foreign language for this child, even if any of them is a foreign language for the vast majority of this child's hometown.
What are the duties and responsibilities?
- Translating communications in a dynamic or static manner whilst preserving context, content, and intent.
- Identifying and resolving misunderstandings of meaning quickly and tactfully while maintaining objectivity.
- Keeping the confidentiality of all translations and engagements as per the requirement.
- Help in translating or interpreting written, oral, or sign instructions/text into another language for others.
- Provide lang translation assistance to clients or associates.
- Proofread, edit, and review translated content.
- Create documents and materials in the required foreign language for meetings and communication
What are the skills required?
- Willingness to learn a language
- Good command over English grammar
- Comprehensive listening skill
- Good communication skills
- Effective listening skills
- Good command in English speaking
- Strong reading skills
Where can one study this course?
Top colleges for a foreign language course in India
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- University of Delhi
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Aligarh Muslim University
Popular colleges offering foreign language course in India
- Alliance Française for French
- Goethe Centre for German
- language-centres-in-Bangalore "Instituto Hispania for Spanish"
- India China Chamber of Commerce & Industry for Chinese
- Banaras Hindu University for Arabic
You can visit 9CC’s Foreign Language Database for the best centres across the country to learn
What are the specializations Areas?
- Instructor, Private Tutor, Online Tutor
- Written translator
- Writing children stories
- Tourist guide
- Content manager
- Product localization manager
What are Growth Prospects?
- Some of the International organizations like the United Nations Organization (UNO), Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) require these translators.
- Few Indian national organizations like the Ministry of External Affairs, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) too require foreign language professionals.
- In India, there are thousands of companies seeking translators. These will be undertakings ranging from steel producers to medical technology firms and high-tech businesses.
- Students can also opt for Higher studies or an academic career through NET/JRF
What are the Salary Expectations?
- Average Salary—Rs 465,015/yr
- The average salary with less than 1 year of experience— Rs 393,254/yr
- The average salary with 1-4 years of experience is Rs 472,817/yr
- At Senior level 5-9 years of experience— Rs 725,918/yr
- Mandarin Chinese with 1.1 Billion speakers is the most spoken language in the world.
- The Bible has been translated a maximum number of times into 2,883 languages